Saturday we had the pleasure of hosting Kerry Hardy, Marketing Associate for the Napa Valley Film Festival. We enjoyed sharing our wines with her while discussing how we might be able to help with the festival.
The 2nd annual Napa Valley Film Festival (NVFF) returns November 7-11, 2012 in Napa Valley’s picturesque communities of Napa, Yountville, St. Helena and Calistoga:
– 100 new Independent films, studio sneak previews and special screenings
– 250+ filmmakers and industry guests
– 125+ Boutique wineries pouring all weekend
– 12 Screening venues throughout Napa Valley – including 3 in Yountville!
– Panel discussions with actors, directors, writers and producers
– Opening Night Gala at Robert Mondavi Winery
– Tribute and awards programs
– Bosch Culinary Stage
– Buick Tweet House social media VIP hospitality lounge
– VIP Receptions, dinners and more!
We are excited to announce the start of our new wine clubs. There are a couple of options to choose from — one a selection of our reds and the other includes our white wine. Either option delivers 6 bottles to your home or business twice a year, in March and in October. Please visit our online Wine Shop to learn more and sign up.
It’s pruning time in the vineyard. Last year’s canes are being removed and the spurs on each vine are being left with two buds. With the spring-like winter we’ve been having this year, bud break is predicted to come early –perhaps as early as March 1. Does that mean we’ll be harvesting merlot in August? Here’s hoping for a mild frost season…!
It’s been a long, relatively cool growing season, but we’re into it now! Crush started with merlot, cab franc, and viognier last week. Chardonnay and syrah are still hanging. Generally, a small crop but all the chemistries and the flavors were perfect.
We just finished up a very fun BYOB event with the executive team of Pillsbury. They were out from Minnesota on a wine country retreat and spent some of their time in our cellar bottling their own barrel. As usual, a good time was had by all!